Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 2

Well things have been going good. All last week I was skipping classes to help out with a Volleyball tournament. All day I was rushing around cooking food for the coaches and staff in charge of the tournament. It was fun and satisfying when they personally came up to us and thanked us for the meal. Real official. We had a salad bar set up and hot plates to serve lunch. We didn't serve a dinner but we did serve a dessert. My culinary arts teacher stuck to making some of the desserts like bread pudding or banana pudding. There were only two other people working with me and they we're working on becoming pastry chefs while I was the odd one out for being a chef in everything. I stuck to the main meals in lunch like chili, curry, Spanish rice, and all the side dishes. I steamed vegetables and things all the while arguing with my teacher because she's a picky eater and demanded things to be made her way. I had to intervene with the help of the two other cooks because some people actually like to eat the stalk of a broccoli.
Been pretty interesting all in all. After that hectic week I returned to my regular school day and continued to go and volunteer at the Chow Hall (don't tell anyone I called it that). Still, its a place you chow down and... I'm not sure about the 'hall' part. Anyways, it was good to be back helping out there although most of the time I have nothing to do and just talk with the Japanese contractors there. Not too shabby.
Returned to culinary class after that and heard the news that we're going to a field trip on Thursday to a fish market. Never been to one but can't wait. The smell of fish and seeing them dead isn't quite my thing but food is so I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure I'll be able to stomach it.
Still no reply from my college of choice on if I've been accepted or not so my heart keeps pounding when I check my emails. Joy. Still no ACT scores either, jebus. Time is flying by and still no answer from either; I tend to be patient with things but when its something this important to gotta be just sweating every day wondering if its in or not!! And it's not.
Other things are well; personal wise of course this a diary of a cook so I probably won't go rambling over there. I keep in contact with friends and stuff and have been talking on skype like crazy only to make my heart beat even faster; but that's a secret too don't tell anyone. That's only a little hint to how I've been doing there but that's all I'm going to say today, and for me that's November 16, 2010. Phew time flies. So, STILL WORKING HARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment